Pages

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Hummmm

Well I had high expectations for Craig’s list to quickly sell my items and I'd have lots of "extra" spending money ( mom can we go to Rita's, Mom can  you take me to game stop - nothing under $40.00, mom can  you buy me this....and it keeps going) I once read a post from my inspiration Jennifer Allwood of the Magic Brush on how Craigslist had forsaken her, her black table was not selling so she did a cute harlequin stencil on top only to have it sell and the purchaser to ask her to paint over it and make it solid black again.
Craig’s list has not Saken me (is that a word? I don't really think so) to forsake me. I'm disappointed I'm not a huge success at this yet. Come on craigslist I need to send my son's to fall soccer. OH and Upper Darby youth soccer is not getting my support that's another post in itself. Have you ever responded to an item for sale only to have seller answer you with one word. You: Hi I saw you’re whatever it is for sale is it still available? Seller:  Yes.
You: Great when can I pick it up where am I going?
I have had a couple such inquiries on my nightstand: Potential buyer:  Do you still have the nightstand?
Me: yes I do I'm home tomorrow when would you like to come take a look at it? Potential Buyer: no response.
I emailed Upper Darby youth soccer yesterday to ask if they had a program for 2011 the web site had 2009/ 2010 but nothing for 2011. So I wrote I have a 5 y/o I would like to enroll do you have a program this year?
UDYS Response: Yes!
Humm
ok  ME: That's great! When is the registration deadline I have two boys I'd like to register is it still $45.00?  UDYS: NO response....
We played UDYS about 10 years ago  for my now Older Children,  when my younger son who is now 9 Y/o was 5 we were going to sign him up but were told UDYS was really going downhill try Havertown. So I did. I will stay with Havertown perhaps they will try to sell their organization and provide me with useful registration information. I just thought it would be nice to keep my 5y/o in an organization where he could be playing with kids who would be in school with him too...

No comments:

Post a Comment