Pages

Friday, July 22, 2011

Some time's craigslist pays off

No I didn’t sell my nightstand yet…  I did however score a gorgeous antique china cabinet for $25.00. The ad read $25.00 or best offer I could not believe it when the Poster emailed me back and said he still had it! I arranged to go pick it up ( he was local we didn't have to drive an hour to a "ville" ) and when we arrived he asked did we want to come see it before we made a final decision. … I had seen the pictures and if it looked anything like the picture that was a no brainer question. IT”S GORGEOUS!   I didn’t even try to make a reduced best offer I felt like I stole it from him. He said it had been in his family for 50 years and that’s all he knows about it. He moved to PA from the Midwest. I’ll post the pictures he used on Craigslist. If anyone can offer any insight on this piece please chime in and let me know anything more about it. I think it’s from the 1920’s / 1930’s Perhaps Jacobean style?
Thanks!


No comments:

Post a Comment