I had a chance this weekend to decoupage the drawers I added a second coat of paint. still a ways to go! I didn't make a new post just added to last weeks.
The weather was nice enough so that I could put on a first coat of paint to the dresser. The gold paint was really difficult to work with it was really watery and went on really thin. I should have gotten a shot of my helper painting on my test board her's was really thick. she just kept layering it on. Remember the top and drawers are going to be decoupaged with Sheet music the side panels are going to have a crackle finish with black being the top coat so the gold shows through underneath. I decided to accent the top detail by using gold for the edge instead of black so it didn't get lost.